The Bradford Institute for Health Research (BIHR) was established in 2007 by Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (BTHFT) due to the growing research activity at the Trust and in recognition of the unique research partnership between the primary and secondary care NHS Trusts in Bradford and Airedale and the universities of Bradford, Leeds and York. Since then the BIHR has developed and increased its expertise in clinical research and notably applied health research and now has a reputation of being one of the leading centres in conducting applied health research in the country.
TO THE BRADFORD INSTITUTE FOR HEALTH RESEARCH
Founded in 2007, the Bradford Institute for Health Research (BIHR)
has created a critical mass of research expertise and a distinctive ethos and environment for
conducting high-quality applied health research and clinical research that makes a difference.
Making Research Real
Conducting research to
BORN IN BRADFORD
Born in Bradford is one of the largest research studies in the World, tracking the lives of over 30,000 Bradfordians to find out what influences the health and wellbeing of families.READ MORE
WOLFSON CENTRE FOR APPLIED RESEARCH
Developing world leading applied health research, advancing knowledge in key areas including: child health, healthy ageing and the quality & safety of health careREAD MORE
WHAT WE DO
We want to be at the forefront of healthcare research, both applied and clinical research, and increase the opportunities for our patients and staff to participate in high quality research to enable better patient outcomes and improved healthcare throughout the Bradford community.
We want to:
- Develop and maintain excellence in the quality, safety and governance of our research
- Increase research capacity and capability, ensuring the effective delivery of research
- Increase our research income and activity, meeting our local and national performance targets
- Increase patient and staff participation in research studies that are focused on the needs of our patients and staff
- Strengthen the integration and reach of research across our departments, embedding research as core business
- Promote partnerships and collaboration that supports our research ambition
- Strengthen and support the translation of research into practice to make a real and lasting difference to the quality of clinical care that we provide to our patients
ELDERLY CARE RESEARCH IMPACTS
Implementation of a new strategy to support older people and their carers in the long term.
Quality & Safety Research
PRASE - an intervention to allow patients to provide feedback on the safety of their care.
Identifying Frailty in the Elderly
Award winning research helps to improve managing frailty in the elderly.
RESEARCH IN INNOVATIVE MEDICINES
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (the “Foundation Trust”) has had a very successful expansion in research activity. Research activity is not only a marker of academic excellence for a teaching hospital, but also of quality of care for patients. Building on this success, the Foundation Trust has established itself as a leading centre for developing innovative medicines in partnership with the pharmaceutical industry.
#WhyWeDoResearch #BePartOfResearch #Heartfailure
@cpgale3 @NIHRresearch @NIHRCRN_yorks @ComplexCTRU https://t.co/mddpQTF0vE