We aim to expand the CARE75+ cohort study (recruitment target of 2500). It will provide a data resource for researchers and a research platform for additional studies (sub-studies), and in the future it will support randomised controlled trials using a Trials within Cohort (TwiCs) methodology. Specific aims in the next few years include:
- To study longitudinal frailty transitions and health and social care resource use
- To provide data for the next iteration of the electronic Frailty Index (eFI) using prognostic modelling (see project : Development and national implementation of eFI-2)
- Identifying research priorities from the perspectives of older people
- Investigating the feasibility of future trials of interventions to improve health, wellbeing and quality of life outcomes for older people
- Providing blood samples for the bio-bank at Ethical Tissue, University of Bradford https://www.bradford.ac.uk/ethical-tissue/ for frailty and ageing research
- Exploring frailty in rural and coastal areas and how to support people living with frailty in black minority and ethnic communities.