COVID-19 Scientific Advisory Group (C-SAG)
Bradford Institute for Health Research is harnessing its research expertise and infrastructure to support the local response to and recovery from COVID-19. In partnership with the NHS and Local Authority we are leading a COVID-19 Scientific Advisory Group (C-SAG), providing expert input and advice to the local response and of relevance at regional, national and international levels.
Our work is currently focussed in four different areas:
- We are helping Local Authority and NHS partners to define and identify vulnerable groups through research insights, intelligence, connected data and public health theory.
- We are supporting the District health and care service resilience planning for COVID-19 through development of COVID-19 Situation Reports and analysing emerging trends of COVID-19 patients, as well as supporting scenario planning to inform health and care service response and recovery.
- With support from our Born in Bradford (BiB) families we are assessing the impact of the COVID-19 response (lockdown, social distancing, self-isolation, school closures, remote working etc) on communities and families both now and over the course of the coming year.
- We are working to assess the population health impacts of the COVID-19 response on wider determinants of health, access to and use of health and care services and potential impacts on other health conditions for example diabetes.
Our four focussed areas are underpinned by our internationally recognised Born in Bradford (BiB) and Connected Bradford research programmes.
- Born in Bradford (BiB) is tracking in detail the lives of over 36,000 Bradfordians to find out what influences the health and wellbeing of families.
- Connected Bradford provides linked primary, secondary and community health and social care data for almost 1 million people and education data for 200,000.
To get in touch please email: CSAG@bthft.nhs.uk