Bradford Institute for Health Research is harnessing its research expertise and infrastructure to support the local response to and recovery from COVID-19. In partnership with the NHS and Local Authority we are leading a COVID-19 Scientific Advisory Group (C-SAG), providing expert input and advice to the local response and of relevance at regional, national and international levels. There is a strong focus on inequalities throughout our research which is currently focussed in four key areas
- Providing insight to support the rollout of COVID-19 vaccinations in the District.
- With support from our Born in Bradford (BiB) families we are investigating how COVID-19 is affecting the life of children and families.
- Through connected data we are providing additional insights on COVID-19 epidemiology and impacts of COVID-19 on wider healthcare services.
- Understanding the impact of the COVID-19 response on staff.
Our four focussed areas are underpinned by our internationally recognised Born in Bradford (BiB) and Connected Bradford research programmes.
- Born in Bradford (BiB) is tracking in detail the lives of over 36,000 Bradfordians to find out what influences the health and wellbeing of families.
- Connected Yorkshire provides linked primary, secondary and community health and social care data for almost 1 million people and education data for 200,000.
- ActEarly UKPRP Consortium
To get in touch please email: CSAG@bthft.nhs.uk